So you wanna be a rock superstar and live large? A big house, five cars, you’re in charge. Yeah, me too! Good news, Quick Left wants to make your dreams come true. Wat?! Exactly.
In honor of Boulder Startup Week, fun times, and good ole fashion competition, we are taking our office chairs to the streets. On Friday, May 17 at 4:00 pm the race flag drops and the madness begins. Starting at Quick Left, ten teams of 4 will hit the streets of Boulder rolling in their tricked out chairs. Try to picture it if you can like mash a up of “Pimp My Ride”, “Amazing Race”, and “Roller Derby”. Clues, hot dogs, challenges, orienteering, beer, sprinting, high fives, and so much more await these brave teams all while trying to get 1 member of their team pushed/pulled/towed/or dragged to the finish line first in their chair of choice.
Got your blood pumping and curiosity peaked? Of course I do, keep reading.
- Chairs can/should be modified, decorated, and pimped out but cannot contain an engine.
- One person must remain seated in the chair at all times.
- Team must wheel to 10 places on the map and collect 10 souvenirs from each location.
- Team must tweet with the hashtag #QLChairRace once they arrive at locations
- The first person to the final destination with all 10 souvenirs + 10 team tweets wins.
- The final destination is not noted, it will be mentioned in a riddle at one of the stops.
- Every racing participant must sign a liability waiver.
- Don't have a chair? No problem. Visit Citron Workspaces Monday 12:00 – 3:30, Tuesday from 10:00 – 12:00 or Thursday from 12:00 to 4:00 and pick out a FREE chair to pimp.
- Best Office Chair/Team Compilation – Knoll will award the "Golden Office" chair to this winning team
- Overall winner of the Quickest Left Chair Race – Citron Workspaces will supply 4 SaWEET chairs to the winning team.
Here is a list of things I hope to see:
- Jorts… lots and lots of jorts
- A chair that has a mini keg on it
- Banana Hammocks
- Geeks beating Jocks
- A Unicorn
There you have it folks. This race has something for everyone and is pretty much going to be the best thing you have ever been to. Ever. Now that you are dying to race go ahead and click on over to registration and enter the super secret password "OfficeChairRace2013" and get registered. Go now, seriously right now, space is limited. If you don’t have 3 friends who want to make a team with you sad kitty BUT cheer up Charlie come watch and heckle the spectacle.
-Rubin’ is Racin’