Why do we invest so much in people? Because people are our culture.
We know that to be a good business, you have to be a great employer with a rich culture that supports the heart of the people who want to work with you and build something worthwhile. We want our folks to bring their best everyday, so we build an environment that cultivates and supports talented, passionate, happy people – for they are the ones that show up bright: they perform better, work harder and more creatively, and build great products and customer relationships.
We know, we know: You wanna work here, too.
We’re not just hiring, we’re on a quest to find and hire the best and brightest devs ready to work at the horizon line of tech. Nestle in and get to know us a bit. Keep reading and learn why working here is better than Disney World.
What we do.
- Offer forward-thinking solutions to clients with a stellar team of engineers.
- Work with cutting edge languages and frameworks such as Backbone.js and Node.js.
- Speak at conferences nationally and internationally, from jQuery Conf Toronto to JSConf in Florida.
- Hack with the community at our Hackfests.
- It’s not just about solving tough problems, it’s how we solve tough problems that excites us.
- What it takes to succeed at QL: Being a self starter and having follow through.
- What you will do all day: provide forward thinking solutions to clients and develop sites on the horizon line of tech.
- What we value most: integrity, transparency, accountability, and code craftsmanship.
- The best part about working here: All of us.
Boulder, CO = Awesome.
- 300+ days of sunshine.
- We are located on the West End of Pearl St.
- Options: Restaurants + Coffee Shops galore
- Miles and miles of hiking and biking trails right out our office door.
- Eldora Ski Resort is less than 30 minutes away.
- 13 microbreweries in a bikeable radius.
- The Mountain Sun & Stout Month.
- Read Rachel’s post on Why she <3’s QL
Our office space was designed ‘to not suck.’ To the founders, this meant being as fresh and clean and eco as possible. We have plenty of natural light, an oxygenating garden, bike racks, organically stocked fridge, microbrew-filled kegerator, and nerf ammo. Read more about our space here, here, and here.
We’re geeks at heart. We like good coffee, stellar brews, good bourbon and coconut water. We’re cyclists, artists, tinkerers, outdoor enthusiasts to the max. We appreciate craftsmanship over fads, and like to think about how things can be better next time. We’re always developing, er, growing.
We <3 Community.
From our notorious Hackfests to renown Boulder Startup Week events, to sponsoring every Ignite Boulder, to all the hosted geek-meetup-community events in between: we’ve been supporting Boulder’s local developer and startup scene since we got started ourselves.
The Benefits of Working at Quick Left.
Here’s the nitty gritty of what we offer our employees, besides all the amazing aforementioned perks. Aside from a competitive salary, awesome colleagues and the latest technologies, we know what our values are and give our developers everything they need to get the job done. Benefits include, but aren’t limited to:
- 2 weeks paid vacation, 1 week sick time, a handful of holidays and the week off between Christmas and New Years, FTW.
- Eligibility to enroll in the company’s 401k plan after 3 months of employment. We offer immediate vesting.
- In addition to an array of Health Insurance plans to choose from, including HSA options, Dental and Vision coverage, Long Term and Short Term Disability, and a 100k life insurance option, we also offer up to $2500 in FSA funds to put towards your health care costs, tax free.
- We know wellness is key to a sustainable, resilient and agile development team. We give you a gym membership downtown or you can choose one of your liking, or any other gear to support your exercise habits with our Health & Wellness stipend.
- We believe in Life-Work balance – and the mental fuel exercise does for problem solving. Wanna hit the trail in the afternoon, or ride hard over lunch? Go for it. We’ve got an in-office shower for apres’ workouts before you get back to the to-do list.
- An EcoPass for Boulder’s Public Transit system, for those days when you don’t feel like riding in.
- Parking Permits: parking in Downtown Boulder is a limited resource. Driving to work? Fret not: we’ve got a parking spot, just for you. (We’ve even got bike parking in the office.)
- We offer individuals up to $1000/yr as a Technology stipend. This can be used for things like self-adventuring conference expenses, books, podcast subscriptions, that keyboard you need to work 110% efficiently, or an iPad – anything tech-related that supports your unending learning and helps you do your job better.
- Our fridge is organically stocked with essentials and snacks; the keg has a fresh microbrew; and the company holiday dinner party is a celebration not to miss.
- Massage day.
Results & Kudos.
Not only does our CEO bring home a metric ton of gold-medal-bling from the cycling track, as a company, we’re finalists for some sweet awards this year:
- The Colorado Companies to Watch Winner 2013
- The Colorado Green Building Awards Finalists 2013
- Inc 500|5000 Finalists 2013
We’ve also got these under our belt:
- World Blue Most Democratic Workplaces winner 2012
- World Blue Most Democratic Workplaces winner 2013
Ready to join the fun? Come work with us.