Trace is a Senior Developer at Quick Left working from our office in Boulder, Colorado. Originally from a small town in central Florida, he grew up playing in the lakes and rivers there. Trace holds a Master of Computer Science (specialization in Software Engineering) from UWF in Pensacola, FL and a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering from USF in Tampa, FL. Before getting into software development full time, he was a mechanical engineer, specializing in building orange juice plants and fluid process systems. In his free time he loves doing things with his dog Baron, especially taking him to the lake and throwing the frisbee. Trace also plays guitar, sings, lifts weights, and practices martial arts. He loves being active in the community and regularly participates in programming and social Meetups either by attending, speaking at, or hosting them. In short, he’s just a regular guy trying to figure life out.
1. Q. What is your favorite thing to eat?
A. FRIED CHICKEN
2. Q. What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life?
A. Way too many to list! Some favorites are: Anyday, Derek & the Dominos; Brighter Days, JJ Grey & Mofro; Detroit, Rancid; Into the Mystic, Van Morrison.
3. Q. What is one of your favorite quotes?
A. “I’m sick of following my dreams. I’m just going to ask them where they’re going and hook up with them later.” -Mitch Hedberg
4. Q. If you could be any fictional or historical character, who would you be? Why?
A. Theodore Roosevelt! He was like Clint Eastwood mixed with Batman who became president.
5. Q. What is your favorite form of exercise?
A. Sprints and squats. Talk about a full body workout!
6. Q. Favorite gif?
7. Q. Favorite place in all the world? Why?
A. Rainbow River, Florida. I used to go there every year with my family growing up. So many memories and it’s a beautiful place to boot.
8. Q. If you could know the answer to any question, besides “What is the meaning of life?”, what would it be?
A. I already know the answer: 42.
9. Q. Which celebrity do you get mistaken for?
A. I hear Ryan Reynolds quite a bit, which I suppose is a compliment. My mom thinks I look like the guy from Burn Notice, but I don’t see it.
10. Q. If you could have a drink with someone from history who would it be? Why?
A. Abraham Lincoln. Why wouldn’t you want to have a drink with Honest Abe?