Jackie is originally from Kentucky. She has a Bachelor’s in Biology from Morehead State University and moved to Colorado 3 days post-graduation to work in a lab at CU Boulder researching parasites and disease ecology in freshwater pond systems of the Bay Area in California, specifically, with frogs, fish, and newts. That career path proved to be a dead end unless she went back to school and even then wasn’t very promising so she looked elsewhere. In her spare time Jackie likes to hang out at home with her dogs and husband. She likes going to the movies, plays, musicals, and the occasional sporting event. She also really likes fishing, but prefers marine fishing over freshwater so she doesn’t go very much here. Jackie is the Office Manager at Quick Left.
1. Q. What is your favorite thing to eat?
A. Meat. I am a carnivore at heart and love a good brisket, bbq mutton sandwich, lamb shank, or steak.
2. Q. If you could be any fictional or historical character, who would you be? Why?
A. The first human ancestor who grasped how to make and use fire. The feeling of satisfaction and wonder that person felt must have been enormous.
3. Q. If you were to star in a reality TV Show, what would it be called?
A. If I were on a reality TV show I would only want to be on Survivor.
4. Q. What is your favorite form of exercise?
A. Zumba, I just don’t do it.
5. Q. Favorite gif?
6. Q. If you could sing one song absolutely flawlessly, what song would it be?
7. Q. If you could give your 10-year old self one piece of advice, what would it be?
A. Don’t quit dance and gymnastics classes just because you don’t like the teacher.
8. Q. Which celebrity do you get mistaken for?
A. Julia Stiles
9. Q. The best part of waking up is…?
10. Q. If you could have a drink with someone from history who would it be? Why?
A. Probably Charles Darwin so we could see what the world has become and what we’ve learned about evolution.