Chris will be joining Quick Left in the Boulder office as a software developer. Chris is originally from Connecticut, but was born and grew up in Tokyo, Japan, as well as Hong Kong for a few years (No, he’s not a military brat!). Chris’ father worked for IBM and took the family to his international posts. He moved to Colorado for the skiing and lived in Vail for two years. He is an alumni of Colorado University, and has been lived in Boulder now for a total of eight years. Chris is a skier, first and foremost, but also enjoys mountain biking, rock climbing, white water sports, ultimate frisbee, disc golf, and live music and festivals. He plays the cello and dances with fire staffs.
1. Q. What is your favorite thing to eat?
A. I’m a sucker for a good breakfast burrito (or anything breakfast related – especially savory breakfast for dinner).
2. Q. If you could be any fictional or historical character, who would you be? Why?
A. I have reason to believe I was Donatello from the Ninja Turtles in a past life. He’s a computer geek (programmer) who kicks ass with a bo staff (I like to dance with and spin a fire staff). Plus I like to sculpt with metal wire – Donatello is an incredible Italian renaissance sculpture. And not unlike the Ninja Turtles, I want to save the world from evil too. Cowabunga!!!
3. Q. What is your favorite form of exercise?
A. I love to go fast and get the adrenaline pumping. I’m a competitive big mountain skier so you’ll find me jumping off cliffs all winter.
4. Q. Favorite place in all the world? Why?
A. As a skier, Revelstoke, in British Columbia, is the most amazing, extreme ski resort I’ve ever experienced. Its pretty hard to get to which makes the already impressive snow and terrain even better.
5. Q. If you had coined a phrase of wisdom, what would it be?
A. “If you don’t fall you’re not pushing yourself hard enough.” Falling and failing are the best ways to learn and improve yourself…just don’t get hurt 😉
6. Q. If you could give your 10-year old self one piece of advice, what would it be?
A. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. Embrace them and know that they’re the best way to learn and grow.
7. Q. If you could know the answer to any question, besides “What is the meaning of life?”, what would it be?
A. What’s on the other side of the end of our universe?
8. Q. Which celebrity do you get mistaken for?
A. Joaquin Phoenix
9. Q. The best part of waking up is…?
A. Remembering the adventures you just experienced in your dreams…assuming you remember, of course.
10. Q. If you could have a drink with someone from history who would it be? Why?
A. As much as I’d love to be in the presence of some incredible spiritual leaders from History, I want to meet Nassim Heramein, a theoretical physicist pushing the limits of unified field theory (aka the theory of everything). He’s an action sports junkie like myself and I must pick his brain!!! Check out a documentary about his research called “The Black Whole” if you’re interested.