Carrie is our financial controller and we bestow upon her our important, fiduciary responsibilities. Her experience managing accounting processes for many companies across different industries has made her an expert in financial controlling, internal controls, SOX compliance and SEC reporting. She grew up in West Fargo, North Dakota, which is literally a suburb west of Fargo. And no, she didn’t think the movie was funny. Having lived in Colorado for over a decade with her husband and son, the state now considers her an honorary resident. In her spare time, she enjoys being outside, walking/biking/hiking, traveling, and working in her garden.
1. Q. What is your favorite thing to eat?
A. Thanksgiving dinner (yes, I really love turkey!)
2. Q. What is one of your favorite quotes?
A. Live Laugh Love
3. Q. If you could be any fictional or historical character, who would you be? Why?
A. Marie Curie, I read and did a book report about her when I was in elementary school and I remember thinking she was amazingly smart and brave to do the research that she did.
4. Q. What is your favorite form of exercise?
5. Q. Favorite place in all the world? Why?
A. I’ve been to so many amazing places and I LOVE to travel, but my favorite is being at home.
6. Q. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
A. Last year I finally had enough apples on my tree to make something…so for 2 days I figured out how to make and can everything apple (apple jelly, apple pie filing, and apple butter). It tastes amazing but it was really hard to get it just right! Afterwards I was exhausted but I’ve had excellent eats all winter.
7. Q. If you could give your 10-year old self one piece of advice, what would it be?
A. That making mistakes is a part of life and teaches you so much about who you are and what kind of person you want to be.
8. Q. Which celebrity do you get mistaken for?
A. Kate Beckinsale
9. Q. The best part of waking up is…?
A. The start of a new day & the excitement of the unknown.
10. Q. If you could have a drink with someone from history who would it be? Why?
A. Princess Diana – I’d like to talk about how she was able to finally be herself despite the monarchy wanting her to be everything she wasn’t.