Alex was born and raised in Colorado and has lived here his entire life (so far). He recently graduated from high school and then Turing School of Software and Design. Ever since middle school Alex has been interested in utilizing technology to do many random tasks: programming, robotics, computers in general, you name it. He loves playing games that require a lot of thought, for example, Alex competed in local, state, and national chess tournaments for about 10 years. He took first place in a state tournament, and was top 10 in Nationals for Blitz (a 5 minute game). Challenge him, I dare you. In Alex’s spare time he enjoys theatre, likes to watch improv, plays, sketches, and monty python. Alex is a Developer Apprentice turned Software Developer at Quick Left.
1. Q. If you had coined a phrase of wisdom, what would it be?
A. “You must first be stupid to be smart.”
2. Q. If you could sing one song absolutely flawlessly, what song would it be?
3. Q. What is your favorite thing to eat?
A. It’s a drink, but have to put milk as my favorite
4. Q. Favorite place in all the world? Why?
A. Anywhere with good food
5. Q. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
A. I used to ride ATVs all the time until I smashed into a tree and had 21 stitches in my right arm and couldn’t use it for a few weeks.
6. Q. The best part of waking up is…?
A. When you get a chance to go back to sleep.
7. Q. What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life?
A. Probably circus music
8. Q. What is one of your favorite quotes?
A. “There are no dumb questions.”
9. Q. If you could be any fictional or historical character, who would you be? Why?
A. Probably some pharaoh in Egypt. Pretty much get everything and not have to do a lot.
10. Q. If you could know the answer to any question, besides “What is the meaning of life?”, what would it be?
A. How can I use more of my brain?