Alex is originally from Ann Arbor, Michigan. He moved to Portland in 2005, where he immediately fell in love with the city's friendly, adventurous spirit. With over fifteen years of web development experience, he remembers when table-based layouts and "font" tags were the cutting edge of web design. Alex is curious by nature, and loves learning new things. When he's not working, he can be found delighting in 90s nostalgia, bounding through open fields, and spending time with his family.
1. What is your favorite thing to eat ?
Deep dish pepperoni pizza from Lou Malnati's in Chicago. If you're desperate, you can have one overnighted to you anywhere in the country so you can bake it at home.
2. What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life?
I think the soundtrack of my life would be a bunch of songs that I love:
- This Tornado Loves You by Neko Case
- Lady, You Shot Me by Har Mar Superstar
- Go Outside by the Cults
- In the New Year by the Walkmen
- Step by Vampire Weekend
- I Was a Fool by Tegan and Sara
- My Love by Justin Timberlake
- Hide and Seek by Imogen Heap
3. What is one of your favorite quotes?
"In a perfect world, you and I probably wouldn't exist, so let's not hope for one." – Ze Frank. This is good advice for those of us who have a tendency to look too hard for the perfect solution to a problem.
4. If you could know the answer to any question, besides “What is the meaning of life?”, what would it be?
What is Gravity?
5. Which celebrity do you get mistaken for?
My friends tell me I look like Glen Howerton, better known as Dennis Reynolds from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
6. What is your favorite form of exercise?
I love any kind of exercise that can be mistaken for play, especially soccer (or "unamerican football" as we call it).
7. Favorite gif?
I could watch that for hours!
8. Favorite place in all the world?
A sunny lawn on a warm summer day.
9. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
Raising a baby. Soon to be trumped by raising a child 🙂
10. The best part of waking up is…?
The best part of waking up is that it's time for coffee again.