Joe is our new UX/UI Product Designer. You can find him across all relevant social media as @realjoet. And if you can’t find him, he says it’s not a relevant social media. He plans on getting verified on Twitter someday soon and wants to make it easy on them when it happens. In his free time Joe plays semi-pro lacrosse and coaches youth league K-15. Joe’s been growing his hair out for a little over a year now. People always assume he’s growing it for the “man bun”, but really he’s growing it out so he can be Tarzan for Halloween. He wants everyone to know the man bun is strictly for comfort purposes, aka when it’s hot outside and he’s not down to let it flow.
Joe just finished Boulder Digital Works (BDW), a designer founder program based in Boulder. Fun Fact: BDW planned an employment field day at the end of the program so students could meet potential employers and hopefully land a job before graduation. They had the opportunity to meet with up to five companies. The only company Joe signed up to meet with was Quick Left. He says he got lucky since his bet on nailing a job with the only company he met most definitely paid off!
1. Q. What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life?
A. Still D.R.E. – Dr. Dre ft. Snoop Dogg, Over The Hills and Far Away – Led Zeppelin, Legend – Drake, Shot Reverse Shot – Jack Johnson, Smooth Sailin’ – Leon Bridges, Hustlin – Rick Ross, No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problem – Kenny Chesney, Gimme One Reason – Tracy Chapman
2. Q. What is one of your favorite quotes?
A. “Rule #76 – No Excuses, play like a champion”
3. Q. If you could be any fictional or historical character, who would you be? Why?
A. Lion-O from ThunderCats — He’s my flow idol
4. Q. What is your favorite form of exercise?
A. Lacrosse, obviously.
5. Q. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
A. Attended BDW while working to pay for school. Easily the most stressful yet humbling experience I’ve ever had in my life. You can read more about my experience on this Medium post I wrote.
6. Q. If you had coined a phrase of wisdom, what would it be?
A. Controlled Chaos — Always having a plan but always being willing to accept and deal with change. I feel like, in the agile world we live in, it’s the only way of life.
7. Q. If you could give your 10-year old self one piece of advice, what would it be?
A. Don’t eat so many damn Ho-Ho’s.
8. Q. What’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever googled?
A. The legalities of owning a Kangaroo in Colorado. It’s only stupid because I can’t. 🙁
9. Q. Which celebrity do you get mistaken for?
A. Buzz Lightyear
10. Q. The best part of waking up is…?
A. Being alive. I love my life.