Elaine Oliver, an Australian/American dual citizen, is a recent addition to the Quick Left sales team and to the city of Portland. Her energetic, extroverted spirit is a wonderful addition to both. After getting her degree in Graphic Design from Redlands, she spent most of her adult life living in Sydney and working as a retail technology trainer. After 6 years, she decided to pack up her life to travel the world. Playing with elephants and cycling to the top of a Sri Lankan mountain are only a couple of her treasured memories from her past year and a half wanderlusting around SE Asia, Europe and the US. In her free time, she enjoys riding bikes, climbing and playing soccer.
1. Q. What is your favorite thing to eat ?
A. I do love a satisfying brunch, but being that I was an extremely picky eater most of my life, I feel like I’m making up lost time by eating everything that is delicious. No fast food, the more wholesome, the better.
2. Q. What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life?
A. Too many to choose just a couple. But was raised on Sting and Bonnie Raitt.
3. Q. What is one of your favorite quotes?
A. “The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
4. Q. What is your favorite form of exercise?
A. Playing outdoor, full field soccer with empowering women, and tourist cycling in foreign lands.
5. Q. Favorite place in all the world?
A. To visit? Berlin, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, or Cambodia. To live? Portland or Sydney.
6. Q. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
A. Packed up my life and moved to Sydney without knowing anyone. And then packing up my life in Sydney 6 years later to travel alone for 7 months without a job to return to.
7. Q. If you had coined a phrase of wisdom, what would it be?
A. Traveling alone internationally should be required of every person under 30 in America.
8. Q. If you could give your 10-year old self one piece of advice, what would it be?
A. Eat all the food that is delicious, silly head!
9. Q. What’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever googled?
A. How do you spell comradery? (spelled correctly here, thanks google!)
10. Q. If you could know the answer to any question, besides “What is the meaning of life?”, what would it be?
A. What makes you get out of bed in the morning? Or sometimes, what is it that would make you get out of bed in the morning?