Sophia Parnell is the QL Marketing Intern hailing locally from Denver, Colorado. In elementary and middle school, she was a member of the Colorado Children’s Chorale, and was blessed to share the beauty of music with others around the world. Recently, she graduated with honors from Denver School of the Arts (DSA), a prestigious middle/high school. During her seven wonderful years at DSA, she was a Vocal Music major. While in high school, she served as secretary of the school’s National Honor Society chapter and was a varsity captain of the Speech and Debate team. She plans on attending Santa Clara University in the fall, double majoring in music and business. When she isn’t busy learning choral music, she enjoys snapping photos on her Nikon, tinkering with Photoshop, trying new restaurants around town, getting lost in a good book, or simply walking around the open space near her home. She is excited to be a part of the team and hopes to boost her knowledge of coding while at Quick Left.
1. Q. What is your favorite thing to eat?
A. Cheeseburgers, hands down.
2. Q. What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life?
A. “Drops of Jupiter” performed by Train, “Breakeven” performed by The Script, “Keep Us Together” performed by Jessie J, and “Kings and Queen” performed by Thirty Seconds To Mars.
3. Q. What is one of your favorite quotes?
A. “Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” -Robert Frost
4. Q. If you could be any fictional or historical character, who would you be? Why?
A. I would be Hermione Granger, because of her wit, empathy towards others, and humor.
5. Q. If you were to star in a reality TV Show, what would it be called?
A. The Curly Haired Chronicles
6. Q. What is your favorite form of exercise?
7. Q. Favorite gif?
8. Q. Favorite place in all the world? Why?
A. My favorite place in the world is Cape Town, South Africa, because of the delicious food, breathtaking views, and passionate people.
9. Q. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
A. The hardest thing I have ever done was singing with vocal nodules.
10. Q. If you could sing one song absolutely flawlessly, what song would it be?
A. If I could sing one song flawlessly, it would be “Lay Me Down” by Sam Smith.