Tara is Canuck by birth. She moved to Boulder almost 10 years ago following her better half here from Portland, OR. Tara has been a professional student for a long time with a background including undergrad’s in Biology and Speech Language Pathology as well as a Masters in Speech Pathology. She is also a recent grad of Galvanize. When Tara isn’t coordinating client events, in-house happy hours, or project managing, she and her hubby can be found rock climbing somewhere along the front range. She has also been known to break out into random acts of swing, blues or tango dancing, when the occasion calls for it.
1. Q. What is your favorite thing to eat?
A. There’s only one food: bacon.
2. Q. What is one of your favorite quotes?
A. “The heart is essential in helping the intellect to understand the spirit.” – Miyamoto Musashi
3. Q. If you could be any fictional or historical character, who would you be and why?
A. Zelda Fitzgerald, to live around the likes of Hemmingway, Picasso, and Scott Fitzgerald, and watch the evolution of music, fashion, art and literature in Paris at the height of the roaring ’20s!
4. Q. What is your favorite form of exercise?
5. Q. Favorite GIF?
6. Q. Favorite place in the world and why?
A. Vancouver Island, I grew up there and 5 continents and 20+ countries later, it’s still the most beautiful place I’ve ever been.
7. Q. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
A. Well it wasn’t the first degree or the second, or even grad school – learning to program/code kicked my arse!
8. Q. The best part of waking up is…?
A. Knowing that all those aches and pains means you’re still alive and having fun!
9. Q. If you could have a drink with someone from history who would it be and why?
A. The Iron Lady, Margaret Thatcher, she is a powerful example for women in leadership, battled much opposition, and fought for the betterment of her people.
10. Q. How did you break your first bone, lose your first tooth or get your first stitches?
A. Hockey, eh!
Also published on Medium.