Like the other workshops, it's on Wed, Sep 19, the first day of Rocky Mountain Ruby conference in Boulder, CO. We intend for it to be a little different than the typical Programming 101 class:
- We'll focus on practical applications: reading data from spreadsheets, creating web sites and charts.
- We'll be working with real data from the USA Pro Challenge bicycle race in Colorado last month.
- We'll provide working code to play with, instead of a blank page.
- We'll assign in-class exercises so students can experiment and collaborate.
- We'll keep it focused on Ruby instead of more advanced topics like Git, databases, or Ruby on Rails.
For more information or to sign up, go to this EventBrite page.