One of the easiest ways to use CoffeeScript is as a Node.js package. Here are 5 quick steps to get Node and compile your first .coffee file:
- Install Homebrew1, a package manager for Mac. May need GCC (to make Homebrew).
/usr/bin/ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.github.com/gist/323731)"
- Install Node with Homebrew
brew install node
- Install npm, Node Package Manager
curl http://npmjs.org/install.sh | sh
- Install CoffeeScript globally2
npm install coffee-script --global
- Compile .coffee files in your current directory
coffee --compile .