We're looking for a Designer
A little under a year ago, I joined QL to lead up Design - the design team was... Me. It's been a hell of a lot of fun to integrate Design into the services that Quick Left provides and since joining we have evolved and grown quite a bit. Now, we're looking to add to the Design team. Read the description below and get in touch with us if you think it applies to you.
What We're Looking For
Quick Left is seeking a Designer, someone interested in interactive design and user experience to join the team. Our Designer will work on all facets of design as it pertains to the web & mobile applications. Our goal, including you, is to turn complex requirements into elegant, user centric solutions that are right for the client.
While reporting directly to QL's Design Lead, this individual will collaborate with Developers, Sales and Clients.
* 1 - 3 years in the way of formal education, being self-taught or other design experience.
* 1 - 3 years experience in web technologies; understanding and skills in implementing HTML, CSS and supporting front-end languages.
* Work that shows QL that you understand usability, attention to detail, an ability to create clarity and the desire to craft good work.
* Competence and openness in communication is crucial; display humility and confidence in both, exercising the ability to give and receive critique, as well as providing thoughtful contribution.
Understanding what gets things done:
* Perfunctory knowledge and Understanding regarding the technologies that bring design to life (aka Photoshop, Pens & Papers, code, etc.).
* The desire to approach new problems without bias and expectation.
* The "I" in "TEAM". Exhibit a "self-starting" gumption, ability to prioritize and an understanding of responsibility amongst your team. Execute upon taking direction.
* Inner constitution to seek and understand - both in and outside the industry.
* You probably have a hobby or something.
* Skills; create designs that suit the client's situation and an understanding of what it takes to implement that design.
Quick Left builds custom web and mobile applications for startups and established businesses. The team of designers and developers work collaboratively with clients to engineer products from conception to launch. The client's business goals and their customer's needs guide the design and development of each application.
We truly adopt a client's passion as our own.
Quick Left is a collaborative environment. We are laid back and hard working. Some people like beer, some like wine, some don't like to drink. We hike, bike and, otherwise, spend plenty of time out doors. We are essentially normal; but better.
Send questions, résumés and portfolios to email@example.com with "Design" as the subject. We love it if you're local, but, please, don't stop by - email your stuff, we'll get back to you as soon as possible. We will sort through everything and have you by the office. We look forward to hearing from you.