The Quick Left Hackfest is back September 25 at 6 PM after a break over the summer, and this is one you don't want to miss! Not only are we officially kicking off Rocky Mountain Ruby Conf, we also have 2lemetry sponsoring the event! What does this mean for you? Free beer, pizza, MaKey MaKey kits for teams and a whole lot more!
We want you to develop a machine-to-machine(s) application solution....for anything...in three hours or less. Can be business-related, pleasure-related, cat-related or...you get the gist. To do this, you'll need machines, right?
That's why we are supplying 10 MaKey MaKey kits for you to hack with (and teams get to keep-you can fight over that later). In addition to the boards, you can play with the following:
- This tower system module: http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=TWR-SER
- WeMo switch, wifi enabled way to turn devices on/off http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F7C027
- A device that gives you a wifi hotspot via 3G (i.e. if you're in a cabin in the woods…) http://www.richardsonrfpd.com/Pages/Product-Details.aspx?productId=1102488
- Sparkfun inventors kits: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11227
- Some Android tablets
- Stellaris development board: http://www.ti.com/tool/dk-lm3s9b96
- A so-called "device that talks to mouse traps"
- An RS232 shield for arduino: http://www.cutedigi.com/arduino-shields/rs232-shield-for-arduino.html
- Sparkfun is also kickin' in some extra jumper wires and a few IOIO boards too!
- Feel free to bring assembled items from home (but no code ahead of time!)
You should probably go ahead and signup for a new 2lemetry developer account at http://app.m2m.io/ where you'll be allowed to connect 4 devices simultaneously. 2lemetry is also providing folks to help with the API the night-of.
Judges and our sponsors will pick the top three winners at the end of the evening. Code in any language of choice. So come one, come all developers, designers, and spectators for an evening of code, hardware, and a wee bit of tomfoolery.
About our Hackfest Sponsor:
2lemetry powers the Internet of Things with machine-to-machine (M2M) technology. Offering the most scalable, dynamic, and secure device cloud platform on the market, 2lemetry provides the digital architecture for advanced business solutions. We can automate closed business systems and we help provide live information on business assets using any device and protocol.